ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
After about a year of looking into LC I finally made the jump.
My phosphates were kept just under .5 whatever I did only shorty affected levels to be lower. That was 9 cups GFO and weekly wc of 40
Gallons on a true 550 gallons of water.
I have 30 plus fish and I do have to feed a bit.
Fast forward I did quarter of the recommended dosage w phosphate rx. After a few weeks and dosing 15 drops a day I had no phosphates. I cut down to now only five drops a day and maintaining just about .25 phosphates and everything looks much happier. In this time I didn’t do any water changes. I now will change 40 gallons every other week and maybe 10 weekly just for replenishment of essential elements since I have no idea what is being consumed. I feed two full nori sheets and a cube of mysis daily along w some flake. So now I have plenty of food, fish are super happy and phosphates are kept in check.
For those of you w experience, do you now totally get rid of GFO? Anything I should be concerned with?
I did lose some sps and other from knocking phosphates to zero for two weeks. Now all looks to be growing again. I’ll keep it like this until “perfect” it. All other levels remained the same, my 3 yellow tangs are good and so are all of my fairy wrasses. I does right into skimmer or near it.
What else should I be aware of or any long term
Ill effects from using it w coral?
Thank you!

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
I’m having high phosphates as well but have no place for a reactor tried nopox but doesn’t lower it as I would line at knos 200 gallon where can I get lc from
I use phosphate rx but I would do a lot of reading before using. It’s a l ot to explain and I really think people over complicate it, nopox is good for nitrates I use a home made one I make.
Gfo worked well for me but this is much easier as long as I se everything growing well and use minimal. Hoping to not incorporate gfo again but I’ll be experimenting for a while. So far 5 it’s going well
People lose their fish and tanks w this stuff, it’s very powerful so don’t jump on it. Took me a year of reading on and off until I made the jump

Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have used Lanthanum for few years now. I started with GFO but I didnt like the idea of having rust in the tank or changing the media.
Lanthanum chloride bond to phosphate instantly and precipitate into a white cloud. Skimmer will skim this out in few hours.
Lanthanum is best way to lower the PO4 quickly. You do not need to run GFO while using lanthanum because you do not want to drop po4 too low or too fast. SO TEST daily. Make sure you don't over dose the lanthanum. Stop dosing when po4 is at your desire level. Warning: Too much lanthanum (OD) will clog fish gills (I have not seen it happen).
Dose it directly into skimmer neck is best. Skimmer will skim out most of the participation of phosphate as soon as it is formed.
I put in 10ml of 100% lanthanum into my ato. Ato will dose it over course of few days.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
I have used Lanthanum for few years now. I started with GFO but I didnt like the idea of having rust in the tank or changing the media.
Lanthanum chloride bond to phosphate instantly and precipitate into a white cloud. Skimmer will skim this out in few hours.
Lanthanum is best way to lower the PO4 quickly. You do not need to run GFO while using lanthanum because you do not want to drop po4 too low or too fast. SO TEST daily. Make sure you don't over dose the lanthanum. Stop dosing when po4 is at your desire level. Warning: Too much lanthanum (OD) will clog fish gills (I have not seen it happen).
Dose it directly into skimmer neck is best. Skimmer will skim out most of the participation of phosphate as soon as it is formed.
I put in 10ml of 100% lanthanum into my ato. Ato will dose it over course of few days.
So I have reached my desired level and maintaining at 5 drops a day. I keep testing an I’m staying at .25 or almost ..
This a good method? If I see it get darker I can add 6 drops a day..

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Update. I did a 20 gallon wc on 550 gallons. All levels are perfect . Except for phosphates.. not even .1… after a week of testing. I feed two large nori sheets, flake, mysis. I’m moving to now 4 drops a day of LC as some sps and chalice have become pale. This stuff is crazy, be very careful..
took gfo out completely as well. I’ll perform wc again and test this weekend then take it from. There, after another two weeks I’ll lower to 3 drops daily if need be. This is w 30 plus fish .
This is taking some time to perfect to say the least

Jamesmost

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Dosing now, iv drip from Amazon into an esv gallon

Attachments

• 20221212_145234.jpg
    20221212_145234.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221212_151211.jpg
    20221212_151211.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221212_151216.jpg
    20221212_151216.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: