• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

TRUKINGNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
i dont know whats going on i was gone for vacation for a week came back home and found sand covering half my darth mauls now they wont open and i think i see the same happening to a frag not to far away are they melting? dying? idk can someone help!! here are my readings i know they are not perfect doing a WC today but i dont think this is the problem
ALK-8.6
CA-475
MG-1320
Phos-.09
NO3-5
NO2-.05
NH3/NH4-.5/.03
Salinity-1.025
Temp- LOW-77.4.....HIGH-78.4
if any more info needed let me know thanks in advance....

Attachments

• zoas.jpg
    zoas.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 231
  • zoas 2.jpg
    zoas 2.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 226
  • zoas 3.jpg
    zoas 3.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 225

MSunkin23

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man, I just lost almost all the zoanthids in my nano to something very similar to this. Even some palys took a hit. I thought it might have been a fungus or salt concentration. But they just closed up and melted away like in your pic.

I am still pretty sour about it, I hope you can save some. Do you have a quarantine tank for the other colonies ?

I heard doing a fresh water dip or even a Hydrogen Peroxide dip helps with the fungus.

Even an antiobiotic dip followed by a fresh water wash!

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
very nice zoa collection. I don't think the cause is lack of light or sand irritating it. You might have some irritant on it. The other zoas aren't effected so light isn't the issue and your polyps don't seem to have long stems either so id do a dip first.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 99.4%
168   1   0
it looks to be one of two things, zoa eating nudi or zoa pox, first is hardier to fix, second not as bad but more work. couple hours after lights are out start checking zoa's with a flashlight.

TRUKINGNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
i am running a bermuda skimmer, 2 two little fishes reactors one with phosban and one with carbon, its a 120 gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump, have the all in one ice cap light with is (2) 250w MH, (2) 54w T5, (2) blue LED (for night time), 180 lbs live rock from day 1, 3 inch sand bed half was live and half wasnt, ok now i know a few people are gonna get mad but here is my list of fish
2 mid night clownfish... 1 picasso clown... 1 Royal gramma... 1 spotted mandarin... 1 bellus angel... 1 swallowtail angel... 1 kohl tang... 1 sailfin tang... 1 foxface... 1 leopard wrasse... 1 green coris wrasse... 2 anthias fat heads = 14
i was only doing a water change every 2 weeks but my new years thing is to do one every week

pdnyc69

acan and zoa master
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
ive never had an experience with zoa pox. i have found that water too clean will starve the polyps. try target feeding them oysterfeed or some phyto. i bet some will open up. its worth a try

TRUKINGNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: