• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

FlexLuthor

Is Too Noob 4 Skool
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
SO things were going ok. My frags were doing ok, my clowns were doing the mating dance. The parameters were steady. The suddenly today i came home to find one of my clownfish were missing...
so assume it went into one of the back chambers, which is ok, since i coved the intank as to avoid deaths...peek under the protein skimmer..nothing...where is it?
lodged itself between the back of the glass, and the diy refugium. To get the body i had to take out the refugium
Upon taking out the refugium, it broke apart. Upon breaking apart, it released an insane amount of dust.
And get this....
i came home with a batch of fresh corals to add to my tank...
so now i wait till tomorrow to see if my tank survives.
And if it does survive, I'm left with a lone clown, and clown goby thats been eating my candy canes =(

FlexLuthor

Is Too Noob 4 Skool
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
as of this morning things seem ok. The corals are't tightly closed, still somewhat open. I"ll run soem parameters. Now the thins is I don't rodi water. I had gotten the water from someone off the forum before. If i use regular water for the change might it make it worse?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
You can usually purchase rodi water at a LFS for 50 cents or so per gallon, or go to a Petco and buy the premixed NSW.

Tap would be an extremely poor idea in a tank that currently has an issue :(

Sorry for your loss. RIP

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: