• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I was looking at those Red Dragon pumps that one of the posts was talking about and saw this on the same site... pretty cool idea- I've seen it done on tanks (I think MasterSwimmer's 16g is like this I believe) as well as other tanks on nano-reef.com, but I've never seen a product that was premade like this. Would make a pretty cool wall w/ lots of shelves for corals for us non-DIY peeps :)

http://www.finsreef.com/home.php?cat=292

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Reefer,

Cool. I prefer open architecture myself but looks neat. Do you think it looks like it could be a nitrate trap on the back side? Depending on how it is placed, of course.

E

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I was wondering about that too- don't really know how its attached. I agree with the open look, but I think it could look cool on a larger tank to have a section built like a reef wall, with the rest of the background the open blue background.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Reef Ceramics are made of basic elements such as silicone, calcium, magnesium, etc. It is shaped into the different structures and fired in a special kiln. It only takes a small amount of live rock (about 10%) to inoculate the Reef Ceramic. After the initial population, the live rock can be removed. The Reef Ceramic will be "live rock" at that point. You won't be able to tell the difference. It will also take the look of live rock sooner or later.

Reef Ceramics are highly porous, so porous in fact that huge chunk becomes so light that kids can lift it.

products-RE_reefceramic.html

The reef ceramics are produced in Germany by Korallenwelt

Last edited:

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
hermangareis said:
Reef Ceramics are made of basic elements such as silicone, calcium, magnesium, etc. It is shaped into the different structures and fired in a special kiln. It only takes a small amount of live rock (about 10%) to inoculate the Reef Ceramic. After the initial population, the live rock can be removed. The Reef Ceramic will be "live rock" at that point. You won't be able to tell the difference. It will also take the look of live rock sooner or later.

Reef Ceramics are highly porous, so porous in fact that huge chunk becomes so light that kids can lift it.

products-RE_reefceramic.html

The reef ceramics are produced in Germany by Korallenwelt

cool, so this looks like a winner.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: