• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone:

I was wondering if anyone has every had there hand in either of the above methods: ZEOvit or Miracle Mud Method.

I have read quite a lot about both methods, however I have not found anyone who has made any comparisons between the two methods. I was looking to do this beginning in the fall was wondering what people thought about these methods and/or this comparison project.

Thanks,
Joe

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me this seems a weird comparison. Its two completely different methods. I am sure either one works well depends on what you want. AFAIK the zeosystem is a bacteria driven method using fuel to feed the bacteria in the reactor that then in turn eliminates the ammonia before it breaks down and realeases pulp that feeds the corals resulting in a very low nutrient system that has a constant supply of food for the coral.

Where the Miracle mud system is based off using a substrate high in iron in the refugium to provide a faster growing medium for your macroalgeas.

I really think this is just more about what you want to do with the tank. Any time we compair methods you'll get the same answer that many differetn methods will work very well if you understand and follow the method correctly. Anyway I have seem sweet sps systems using both methods you mentioned.

HTH

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: