• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

alvintheclownfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok , so thru my journey ive actually found some, so the pet store got in 14 i only saw about 8 in which he sold the others earlier. about 5 looked gone, and 2 alright and mine was full bloom and pulsing a tad. so he had then for 2 days. i got it last night, acclimated it slowly, placed it at tthe bottom of the tank cleared room so nothing could bother it, im gonna cut my lights to 5 hours a day and slowly raise it up my rock work to where i want it. today it looks perky , closed tho, but still looks healthy.

now reading all that can any one gimme pointers to help me keep thei beautiful coral alive plzzzzz

rayjay

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it is all acclimated and doing fine, then place it in a high spot with nothing close for it to "reach out" to.
It becomes a weed that can take over the tank, but it is more difficult for it if it is high and nothing near to reach out to as it prefers to move upwards and not downwards for some reason.

alvintheclownfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just want it to live first, lol, the white is awsome. but how long would you say acclimatiion takes? like i have 6 heads 1 is browning, also the rest looks good , isnt flopping that much but isnt fully extended also closed for the most part.. what do u think hows it sound?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it a couple weeks and I promise you will see it flourish. I thought all of mine were dead when I got them and within 2 weeks, I had new growth all over the rock.

Make sure your water quality is good. Keep up with water changes. It will make a difference in health.

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They truely are weeds. I bought a frag with two heads in March, sold six heads and put four in my fuge since. I took the mother colony and put it high in the tank on some plumbing so it wouldnt spread anymore and It got a severe sun burn. I left it. Figured if it doesnt survive I have four colonies in the fuge. A month and a half later the sun burned colonies are pulsing away and growing even after shrinking down to barely reconizable tissue. I also have two other volunteer colonies I tried to eradicate. I cant seem to kill the stuff even when I try. You should be fine

alvintheclownfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really, because they did look worse today, they are my favorite coral. im sticking with it to the end i hope all of you are right . you are making me feel better.

rayjay

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen some tanks with the ones I sell, take up to 3 weeks to turn around.
That being said, however, they are not known for being able to handle shipping all that well and some melt away after placement in their tanks.
Some people never seem to be able to have them, others curse them for taking over the tank.
After years of growing these for a local LFS and defraying my reefing costs, most of mine wiped out, but some in one tank survived, and it didn't take long to be back in the selling stage again. I have no idea why they died off in the tanks they did, and it was in 3 different tanks at the same time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: