• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

JohnM99

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this combination a bad idea? How bad is the intake suction? I know it is fairly spread out, but I was wondering if anyone had actual experience with this.

I'm not actually sure if I will one day be getting an anemone - but the Turbelle 6000 I just put in has noticeably perked up all my corals in just a few hours. Very impressive.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reefs.org!

I had my anemone in the tank with my 6080 for some time. My anemone never moved though so I wasnt to worried about this. I havent read any stories about this happening with a stream yet either. The output being an open area as well would be concerning if you used it on a timer and had snails that might climb in.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rdo_welcome.gif

npaden

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard of one horror story where a BTA was eaten by a stream. Said it wasn't pretty.

FWIW, Nathan

shellshocked

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a stream and don't see how an anemone would be sucked up. There is a lot of area on the intake and little suction. In general I would think it is safer than your average powerhead. 100

npaden

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't under estimate the ability of an anemone to get sucked into something. There have been many powerheads thought to be anemone safe that weren't.

Kinda like a fish that jumps through the 1 tiny little hole in the corner of the guard that you have and carpet surfs.

FWIW, Nathan

alkataz

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that it is possible but I think the the streams are safer than powerheads by a long shot. And as with everything we add to our tanks there is a minimal amount of risk involved.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: