• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

kmckeon

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I posted in the Fish Discussion area too, but I didn't get any replies, so here goes.

I purcased a clown from my lfs and was told by them it was a Clarkii.

He's a great fish with lots of personality and I would love to get him/her a mate. THe only thing is everywhere I look on fish id and other sites it seems Clarkii's have more than one stripe.

My clown is a dark reddish color with one white stripe behind his head, his body is turning black and his tail is almost white. Is this enough description to tell which type he is? To me he looks more like a cinnamon clown.
Is there a definite way to tell?
I will try and get a picture and add it today.

I don't want to get him a juvenile of the wrong type.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks.

fishfanatic2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture would help, but the one stripe is characteristic of a cinnamon clown. I think its a cinnamon, but the white fins are all clarkii. :? 8O :wink: If there is a black patch on the rear of the fish and the fins are reddish then its a cinamon. Most clarkiis have 2 stripes and yellow-white fins and all black bodies. A picture would certainly help. :D

HTH, srry if this is tooo confusing. :oops:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I know that this is either a Clarkii or a Sebae, does your's look like this?

Attachments

• clown1.jpg
    clown1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,114

kmckeon

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay here is his picture. Hope this is good enough, he didn't really want his pic taken!

Sorry about the blur, shoulda cleaned the glass first! :oops:

proceserv.jsp

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure looks like a cinammon clown Amphiprion melanopus. Sometimes, LFS will list them as a tomato clown Amphiprion frenatus.

kmckeon

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to my lfs and they have a juvenile "tomato" clown. Atleast that's what they say it is. Would a tomato and a cinnamon mate? Does anyone know what cinnamons look like as juveniles?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: