• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

as many of you already know, i have been battling aiptasia for awhile. well, it seems i have lost that battle and they are all but taking over the tank. i have decided to take out all of my rock and put it in another holding bin for *cleaning*. it has successfully choked my beautiful xenias out of existance and is working on others. i have given up at trying to battle them in the main tank so i'm going to try it a different way.

i have thought long and hard over this and i am determined to get rid of these beasts. it's either this way or break the tank down for good.

wish me luck.

:(

A

Anonymous

How long to you intend to leave them in the tank to be cleaned? They probably could survive as long as any other life on the rock...

I assume you have tried peppermint shrimp? How about remove your fish and put in pep shrimp and don't feed them?

I had great luck with Berghia, but it took a while.

A

Anonymous

Good luck!

Peps worked for me, but they were not out of control.

Louey

jamesw

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were out of control in my tank too CS. I went and caught about 50 peppermint shrimp and put them in my reef.

The pepps ate the fish food for the most part and left the anemones alone. But I went away for the weekend and I guess the pepps got hungry because they easily ate 50 to 75 GIANT aiptasia.

I am worried that now that all aiptasia are gone that they are going to start eating my corals, so I have to keep the shrimp well fed.

Cheers
James

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Peps. I put 2 in my 10 gal. They wouldn't touch the aptasia untill I went on vacation. They didn't get fed for a week, so they had to find something to eat!

Good luck, cs.

B

68fj40

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put three peppermint shrimp in my heavily infested 125 gal. It took a month or more but they took care of the problem.

Good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: