• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I come home on Saturday to find the return pump on my sump/refugium burnt out to a point where it smelled horrid. Because the heater was in the sump, the tank was 60 degrees. I hooked up a mechanical filter to the back to dose some carbon after a water change, and that, in turn, burnt out.

I did not have a good weekend, and am not sure what will survive. The fish look fine, but other than that, I don't know.

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Total Suck. I am sorry to hear about the problems and I hope everything is ok.

RR

MIKE NY1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chip sorry to hear that. What type of pump was it?
Slowly raise the temp and you maybe surprised of how hardy some animals really are.

Good Luck
Mike

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that! Since you are able to pull out the old pump, you might want to think about redundancy this time......2 return pumps!

(That will be my next project)

XXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do your corals look? Give them some time...it is amazing the abuse many of these animals can take. Good luck.

Buck

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone noticed how much "character" and patience reef keeping builds in us?? Good things happen soooo very slowly but bad things -- so damn fast!! Really sorry to hear the failure but do concur that you should being things back slowly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: