• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

iOMIC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I swear to god I am literally dumbfounded here. My six line wrasse has gone. AGAIN.
This is the 3rd yes 3rd six line wrasse that has disappeared on me. I looked everywhere in my tank, the overflow box and outside the tank. GONE.

I don't have any aggressive fishes, water condition is pristine, he was getting along with every fish just fine.
And, not sure if he can clear a 2 inch water line, but checked outside my tank everywhere.

Do they dig inside the sand bed for any reason? Or should I give it a few days before he shows up?

Anyone, ever have this dilemma happen to them or am I
the only one with bad luck with 6 line wrasses? lol

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I swear to god I am literally dumbfounded here. My six line wrasse has gone. AGAIN.
This is the 3rd yes 3rd six line wrasse that has disappeared on me. I looked everywhere in my tank, the overflow box and outside the tank. GONE.

I don't have any aggressive fishes, water condition is pristine, he was getting along with every fish just fine.
And, not sure if he can clear a 2 inch water line, but checked outside my tank everywhere.

Do they dig inside the sand bed for any reason? Or should I give it a few days before he shows up?

Anyone, ever have this dilemma happen to them or am I
the only one with bad luck with 6 line wrasses? lol

I've had 2 six lines disappear in the past - never got another.. but don't know the reason. He didn't jump though

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
The 6-line sleeps in the same spot every night, in a crack or crevice somewhere where it then covers itself in a slime blanket. That makes it a little different from damsels and other phelagic fish. If you're saying that the other fish are still swimming around, but only the wrasse is missing, its possible they are all finding the same spot to sleep in and its possible somebody is catching it at night. Just an unfounded theory, but what are the other fish in the tank?

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Well I bought an established tank a month ago and the guy swore there was a wrasse in there. We tore down the tank took out every piece of rock sifted the sandbed and he was nowhere to be found . I get home set up the tank put the rocks in the tank and then let it sit. Sure as hell that wrasse showed up, no idea where he came from or how he survived the whole transfer but he was there. So he's hiding somewhere I'm sure.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: