• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

habsfan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a new light for my 29 about a month ago. It contains 1 SunpaQ 10,000K.blue actinic 65 W PC. Before that I had a 17W flourescent.
I also removed my cover since it didn't work with the new light. Now my water has been consistently getting cloudier. I do 50% W/C weekly but this doesn't seem to help. Is this too much light for this tank? I was hoping to make it a planted tank. This tank has been running for 2 years. It contains 4 lemon tetrae, 4 rasboras and two pearl gouramis.
Amm - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 5
GH - 2
KH -10
Ph - 8.2
I was letting the light on for 5 hours a day but now have had it off for the last 2 days.
I am running a penguin 150 bio-wheel and change the filter every 3 weeks. Any help would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's either a bacterial bloom, or haze from ammonia which will then lead to one

I am running a penguin 150 bio-wheel and change the filter every 3 weeks

i hope you aren't referring to the wheel itself, but the filter cartridge (floss/carbon insert) that comes with the penguin filters

add a few plants-that might actually help speed the clearing up, and don't change the filter cartridge that often, for now-leave it until it actually gets clogged

make sure that all water going into the tank is conditioned BEFORE entering the tank, and make sure no glass cleaners are used on or near the tank :)

cut back a tad on feeding

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: