• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pretty easy, all you need is a male and female, and compatability :wink:

-i'll post some pics if i can find them on me puter at home and bring to work on a disc for uploading, of some turqoise severums thta spawned in my old 29 gallon tank

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vitz":3kdaydev said:
pretty easy, all you need is a male and female, and compatability :wink:
you forgot the most vital step. just add water.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, i found the pics, and now i just need to fix some puter issues-hopefully within a week or so i'll be able to show y'all some sweet turqoise severums tending eggs in a community (mildly aggressive) aquarium :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
k thx to a friend at work who lent me an external drive- here are some pics of the turqoise severums i had some years ago-including some pics w/eggs :)

Attachments

• momma severum 'n eggs.JPG
    momma severum 'n eggs.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 76
  • papasev1.JPG
    papasev1.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 77
  • papasev2.JPG
    papasev2.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 76
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and a few more....

Attachments

• severum.JPG
    severum.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 80
  • sev4.JPG
    sev4.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 75
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all you need is 4-6 juveniles, and a decent size tank-they'll do the rest ;)

fistic

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed, to breed Severums we need a 'trained' couple. So we have to be patients and let them the chance to breed several times; the tank must be all for them. The food must be improved in the times of big love games or to invite them at some love party. Food must be enough... so, plenty of food. The selection of the couple is the duty of a 8-10 member of a young Severums gang. They will elect themselves the ideal partner.
After we see the couples in the tank, each of them walking together around, we have to separate a couple or more in their own tank. Very important is to provide a good rock, plate, in breeding tank, the fishes will clean that rock all day long until the eggs will be placed on it.
After 2-3 days, some of the eggs will become all a shivering mass, it is the time to put them in a smaller tank, without sand, rocks or any substrate, so we have to transfer the eggs with the plat rock in the smaller tank. Feed them only after they are all horizontal swimmers. You can use for feeding shrimps like artemia salina, tiny and very good for them. So they need live and very small food.
Good luck!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: