• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I recently purchased a Tusk off a fellow reefer and all last night my orange spotted tang and him were fighting I tryed everything to get them to stop... Finally this Morning aroun 10-11 am they cut there Bull crap.. lol and stoped fighting both have markings on them so i know the fights were pretty bad but they seemed to stop fighting and both are still eating like pigs...

has anyone else ever had a problem with a tang fighting a tusk??? I find it weird because they are 2 totally different fish...

PS. The tang is an orange spotted bristle tooth with orange lines on his body...

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
was size tank is it?

Anyway...... Tangs tend to dislike almost any new fish when first added, being they have similar colors I am sure that didnt help. If they are no long fighting be happy your new fish survived his new tank initiation. Next time try doing a just LED actinic for 24 hours or just lights totally off should help next time when adding a new fish.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
thanks for the info guys. i just didnt think this tang would fight as much. when added new fish in the past i did just that ... lights out for 24 hours...

Tangs Rule

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I had this problem with my tangs. Whenever I added a new fish, I would keep the lights off for 48 hours to keep everyone at bay. Try this next time you add a fish. it always worked like a charm for me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: