• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Hey Keith,

When you came over I thought you saw mine. If not... then I succeeded. I have one on that Corner tank you saw in my living room. It's great, but I use it more as a fail safe given my busy schedule incase I forget to empty my skimmer cup, if I overfeed because I have a new fish, etc.

You do have to adjust drip rates and feed it vodka every few days or so.

nycfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Hey Ted,

I really didn't notice it maybe I just put all my attention to the tank haha.. So, do you think its worth to buy and it really save up time and money?

nycfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I have 3 tangs, 3 firefish and 1 clown, every 3 weeks I do a 35% of WC. Euro-reef skimmer, things are doing well in the tank but I just wondering if the Aquripure will help out more and make things easier.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
nlynchmob19 said:
hello, im a new member and saw the post on the aquaripure, are you happy with it? would you suggest that a novice like myself get one? i have a 125 tank. any suggestions would be helpful in this matter.

I would suggest you learn how to keep a tank the right way (Ie waterchanges, don't feed too much, use a skimmer) before you get into all the gadgets...

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I'd suggest vodka dosing.. I run a denitrifier that allows me to do water changes maybe once a year, but it cost a lot in the beginning.. Also handles phosphates.. I 've had a nitrate level in years, my phosphates do swing up to about 0.06 when overfeed for new fish and don't adjust the phosphate option on the denitrifier.. Sulfur builds up in sulfur denitrifiers causing yo to have to do water changes.. That was the reason why I went with the one I did.. If you don't have nitrates and phosphates the only reason for water changes is to keep beneficial nutrients at the level they should be..

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
see this is my issue i was given three thanks, 125 a 95 wave front and a 30 bio cube. im trying to learn thank you! im just in a crash course right now. i dont have much time, but i enjoy this now. I know how to do some basics, but as far a gadgets go anything that could make my life easier would be great. i put an aquapure on and saw a post about this and thought i would ask. for a few hundred bucks thats what the cost of one maybe two fish at that rate?

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I'm running GFO in a reactor and a NW sulphur Denitrifier for about 3 weeks now and am starting to see a big difference now. Algae is greatly reduced (Only have to clean the glass on the tank twice a week instead of every day), and the water is crystal clear. This all makes the fish & corals very happy. No matter what gadget you use, you must keep on top of it or things can go wrong in a hurry.

18oreefer

+270
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Nyc, I have one, and i love it! I put it on my 180 2 years ago with 40ppm and in a couple of months later i was at 0. I bough it oversized for the 180 and i have since moved it up into the 300 and i still have 0ppm. You just have to adjust the outflow daily and remember to feed it vodka every 3 or 4 days. Its not a sulfur denitrator it actually cultivates anaerobic bacteria in its favorite environment. The bacteria turn the nitrate into nitrogen gas. I hardly ever do water changes and my tank is thriving with a pretty good bio load. Good luck

Rating - 100%
162   0   0
I have an aquipure on my 120 and so far its working for me in a few months brought my nitrate from 80ppms to 20ppms and I think I have tpo dose the vodka a little more often I'm only dosing 10 mls every 7 days 180refeer how often do u dose the reactor with voka and how much vodka do u dose

18oreefer

+270
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
15ml whenever the outflow stops fluctuating about every 4to 6 days it works out to be i think. For sh!ts and giggles i tested the nitrate a couple weeks ago and it didnt even change the color on the test one bit. This thing is rockin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rating - 100%
162   0   0
I dose mine every 7 days and only dose 10mls its working but I think I need to dose it more often which one do u have I have the +ne below the largest one they make its a dual chamber one. It was a little large for my system at the time so the guy told me dose it with only 10ml weekely but now I have added a 90 refuge to my system I have a total of 200 gallons how much water volume do u have 180reefer and also which unit do u got

Rating - 100%
162   0   0
Cool so I guess I'm dosing it enough imay start to does it a littl sooner tha every 7 days u said u dose urs when u notice the return tube get clogged or when its running at a constant pace I dose every 7 days weather its dripping nice or its clogged I may need to do it sooner whatta u think

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: